Friday, June 17, 2011

yuck

So, this morning I had to drink a bottle of dextrose for my gestational diabetes test and it was AWFUL.  Not only did I have to drag my ass out of bed early after a late night of 4square, but I had to chug this sugar water in 5 minutes or less.  For those of you who know anything about me you know it takes me forever to drink anything...I can nurse an iced mocha for like 3 hours.  So, downing this disgusting beverage made me want to puke.

I'll get my test results on Monday...wish me luck. 

I just re-read my first line and it immediately made me think of that Stanley Steemer commercial where the driver is asking his colleague if he's ever had to clean up after an alpaca...because he has...and it was AWESOME!  haha.  If you haven't seen it, here you go!  It gets me every time...so funny.

I normally get a milkshake after every doctor appointment (once a month isn't a lot...stop judging me), but I couldn't bring myself to get a milkshake at 8:30am this morning...nor could I stomach it after my dextrose cocktail.  So, after a long day, we sat down at 8:15pm to watch The Town...all comfy on the couch...in our jammies...and I had to complain about not getting my milkshake today.  I'm such a jerk sometimes.  Anyway, The Husband jumped up, changed back into regular clothes and is currently at the store buying vanilla ice cream so I can make us home-made shakes.  What a guy, right?  Oh man...I can use the chocolate malt powder that I bought for the cookies I just made (thanks again Sister).  Turn of events...life is good tonight.

Just heard the car door...off to make milkshakes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment