Wednesday, June 15, 2011

cookies...brandi...school year almost over

My friend Sam told me today that my blogs will get shorter and more bitter as the 3rd trimester continues.  Thanks, Sam!  Like I said in my last post, I didn't promise these would be good, but I will try to write a post everyday. 

Today felt like Friday...shit, yesterday felt like Friday.  I'm just tired and ready for this school year to be over already.  So, today was some "end of course" exam for some students and I promised one of the staff members, my friend Lori, that I would have coffee and treats for the rest of the staff (I do this for the school on big test days because they are stuck proctoring boring exams).  I made cookies from a recipe my sister just posted - Malted Milk  Chocolate Chip Cookies - YUM!!  Well, I love all chocolate chip cookies, but I thought these would be extra delicious because I also love malt.  Personally, I couldn't taste the malt, but they were chewy and so good!  There were 3 staff members, who will remain nameless, that kept coming in and pretending to want to talk to me, but really just wanted to grub on some more cookies.  I judged them in my head and then again in an email to another colleague.  Come on people, save some for other people!!  = )

While the day was dragging along I decided it was absolutely the appropriate time to order Brandi Carlile tickets!!  For those of you who don't know who Brandi Carlile is, shame on you.  Really, you should see my face right now just thinking about someone who hasn't experienced the awesomeness of Brandi.  It looks like this...
OK, if you really haven't heard her, click on this...My HERO

By the way, those are wrinkles on my forehead from furrowing my brow at you!

So, the plan is that The Husband and I will head up to Bellingham to see Brandi one last time before the baby gets here.  I know we'll see her after the baby gets here, but this will be our little pre-baby vacation. 

Oh, I also got a package today from Old Navy with the cutest maternity tank top!!  Woo HOO for cute, affordable maternity clothes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment