Sunday, June 19, 2011

west seattle farmers market

Today was my first time at the West Seattle Farmers Market.  Isn't it shameful that I've lived here in WS since 2004 and have never been?  Whoops.  Anyway, I think I was expecting magic beans, lots of fresh veggies and melt-in-your-mouth baked goods, but instead was underwhelmed with vegan baked goods, mediocre looking vegetable starts and NO MAGIC BEANS!!  Now, I wasn't in the best mood...The Husband actually said "it's kind of hard to be around you when you're in a bad mood".  Ouch.  I think I was being stinky because the weather was cold and rainy all goddamn weekend, the Starbucks by our house cannot make a black and white mocha to save their life and I've been getting pretty shitty sleep...like forever.  This is no excuse to be in a bad mood to a soon-to-be father on Father's Day, I know, but it is at least a couple reasons that knocked me down a few pegs.
we did buy some lettuce starts


The day immediately turned around after another West Seattle first...our first trip to The Original Bakery near the Vashon Ferry.  Now, it's not that the baked goods were amazing, but 2 of my former students work there...who knew?  They were so cute and excited to see that I was pregnant!  So, when I say the baked goods weren't amazing what I mean is that we went in at like 1pm...so there was barely anything left.  I assume that means this is a popular destination and therefore will be one of the places a walk to with baby Beals when he arrives. 

If you noticed (and when I say you I clearly mean the 3 of you who read this) I didn't blog on Saturday.  When I said I would blog everyday of my third trimester, what I meant was that I would blog everyday OTHER than Saturday.  Cool?  Until there are a million readers begging to hear the random shit that comes out of my head everyday...6 days a week it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment