Tuesday, June 28, 2011

30 weeks and slowly losing it

I'm not losing my mind, but I'm pretty much losing everything else.  I would say sleep, but I gave up on sleep when I was 15 so that one doesn't count, but here is what I'm losing:
patience...with everyone, but especially the gross neighbor who lets her 2 dogs bark all day
my appetite
the ability to put on my own socks
comfort
a cute wardrobe
energy
the ability to see the light at the end of the tunnel
my belly button
one-toned skin on my face - stupid melasma
my social security card (this doesn't really count, but I did lose it)

I have felt pregnant for like 2 years...is this normal?  Don't get me wrong, we wanted this more than anything and tried for a while to make it happen, but thinking about doing it again makes my head spin. 

Today at work I was multi-tasking on super speed...no big deal...but trying to prepare for the next 6 months of my life is really hard.  Not only am I getting ready for my 5 week summer program working with 120 incoming 9th graders, but I'm also preparing for 2, 3-hour Diversity & Inclusion trainings up at Camp Orkila for over 100 staff members...AND trying to plan out everything for the fall so the students still get served by the Y even though I'll be on maternity leave.  Thank god the school closes at 3pm in the summer...they rushed everyone out of the building right at 2:59...so I get to "work from home", which means constantly refresh my email and have my work cell handy. 

Doing all of this as pregnant as I am is EXHAUSTING!!!  I'm such a whiner...seriously! By this time at night (6:30pm) I'm totally wiped out...barely able to put on my slipper boots (best Old Navy purchase in a long time)...worried I won't be able to stay awake to watch Pretty Little Liars and not even wanting the delicious dinner that The Husband has prepared. 

1 comment:

  1. The only survival is to focus on today. What's good now, this second, this moment. Then divert all attention to Christmas. You love Christmas,and by the time it rolls around, you will have this beautiful little person in your life, and all of this--well, most of this--will be a distant memory. Christmas. It's on its way.

    ReplyDelete