Sunday, June 12, 2011

third trimester...more house projects

So, today officially marks our 28th week and the beginning of our 3rd trimester.  For those women who say pregnancy flies by and is the most wonderful time of your life...I'm calling your shit.  We found out we were pregnant the day after Christmas, which feels like a year ago...at least.  I'm not sure if that is because I love Christmas so much or it seriously felt like a year ago, but the combo is enough to say I've been pregnant forever.

My new goal is update everyday of my 3rd trimester...a little experiment.  I got an email update welcoming me to, and I quote, "the trimester where you'll experience heartburn, indigestion, hemorrhoids, leg cramps, sleepless nights, stretchmarks, and varicose veins...but you'll finally get to meet your adorable baby!".  To the person that wrote that, and I quote, "fuck you!".  The only one of those I've experienced so far is sleepless nights, but that was my life before pregnancy so I'm used to it.

The Husband is in super house repair mode now...which is crazy if you've seen our cute little "cottage by the park" house.  Some things do not need to be redone, torn out or completely changed.  Paint on the other hand...is something we could do a lot more of and by "we" I mean him because 'I'm not supposed to'.  = )

New projects/project updates:

The Nursery
It is almost done!!  It's painted a nice, soothing green and I stenciled a birch tree on the wall between the crib and the changing table.  We got a great white faux animal fur rug, framed some cute art, and bought one of those 9 cube storage units with canvas baskets for the closet.  It's pretty stinkin' adorable if you ask me!  Now the finishing touches are curtains for the closet and the window, which my mom has volunteered to make (thanks mama) and a quick one-day update on the half bath in the bedroom, which pretty much needs a new sink and some tile on the floor.  My dad can help The Husband knock that out in a day.


Our Bedroom
There was nothing wrong with our bedroom before...other than the fact that our house is 104 years old so closet space is terrible and the actual dimensions of the room are small, but who needs a grandoise master suite?  Is that where you're going to bring your guests during your Christmas party?  Are you going to sleep in the living room and spend your waking hours admiring your huge bedroom?  I don't think so.  Who cares about a smaller bedroom?  I HATE those people on House Hunters that claim to want an old craftsman, but bitch about a small room (and then I find out it's actually bigger than ours) and how their massive California king bed and ugly furniture just won't fit.  Sorry, I kind of got off track.  We bought our first real, adult bed frame and decided to repaint the room a cool blue.  The bed is here and put together, but the painting just happened today!  We also moved the bed to a different wall because I sleep better facing north to south and our bed was east to west.  I know that sounds weird, but it makes a difference to me.  There are articles if you don't believe me.


The Yard
This is totally The Husbands turf, but I'm proud of what he's done.  We constantly have people walking down our street to get to Lincoln Park that stop in front of our house and stare.  A lot of people have lived in the neighborhood for years and can't believe what we've done to it in 2 years, but some people have never seen it and just stop to say how sweet and cute it looks.  The Husband ripped out all of the grass, brought in new dirt, and had the lawn hydro-seeded in the fall.  Our grass is green, the lawn is flat and he keeps it mowed...with pretty diagonal lines.  I'll admit, the grass is awesome.  Even the neighbor, a 4 year old, prefers our yard to his.  He is constantly climbing over the fence while announcing that he is "going over to Derek's yard".  We also installed a fountain to block out the street noise on the back side of our house, The Hubs installed new electrical so we no longer have to run an extension cord to said fountain.  We have a real garden where I've planted carrots, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, basil and strawberries!  We have amazing wildflowers starting to sprout (thanks to my sisters wedding favors) and some beautiful plants and flowers that I make up names to because I'm not really a plant/flower person. We can't wait for summer barbecues!!







The Basement
We haven't touched it other than buying a new leather sectional.  It still needs a bedroom door and the painting needs to be finished.  The Husband only rolls.  He refuses to "cut in".  I have a ridiculously steady hand, which I think I get from my dad, but that doesn't help when I'm not supposed to paint.  I'm not posting pictures of the basement until it's done...sorry!

I think that's good, right?  But, will everything be ready before baby boy Beals' gets here??

No comments:

Post a Comment