Thursday, June 16, 2011

4square

So, The Husband and I had our second 4square tournament tonight and although I didn't play, it went very well.

I LOVE watching grown men get super competitive while playing an elementary school game.  When is the last time you even played 4square?  It's actually a very active, fun "sport".  We're lucky we live a block away from an elementary school with not one, but three 4square courts!  Oh, we also have our own tetherball in addition to owning 2, 4square balls...yeah, that's right.  

I'll admit that the last tournament was a little better, but only because people stayed in the king square long enough to make up some really great rules.  One of my favorites (and not just because it was my rule) was that you needed to swear every time you hit the ball.  Not only were we all drinking beer and wine out of nalgene bottles, but we were yelling "shits" and "fucks" every time we hit the ball.  We probably looked like a bunch of 30 year old drunks with Tourette's, but it was really fun. 

I suggest that everyone play some sort of childhood game with their friends this summer.  Wait, that isn't a suggestion, that is my homework for you.  Good luck.  Tetherball, 4square, wall ball, tag...whatever, just do it.  If you have kids...even better...play with them, they'll love it.

The Husband just proof read this and wanted me to let everyone know that I wasn't drinking tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment