Tuesday, July 19, 2011

wtf

So, today in my program I was visiting some of the classes to see how things were going.  A student raised his hand for me to come over...and I was pleasantly surprised!  This is how the conversation went:

Student #1: "Hi Brooke."

Me: "Hey...what's up?" (no, I don't know his name...shame on me...I only know like 20 students names)

Student #1: "Is that a burn on your face?"

Me: "Um, no...it's this terrible thing called Melasma and sometimes women who are pregnant get it."

Student #1: (to his friend next to him) "SEE...told you she wasn't burned."

Student #2: "I didn't know, it looks like she was burned to me."

Student #1: "I told him that happens to pregnant ladies' faces."

Me: "OK, well, glad we cleared that one up...now I really hope it goes away after this baby is born."

Student #2: "Yeah, me too...I mean, for your sake."

AWESOME!!!!!  As if I'm not self-conscious enough about it.  Want to see it?  OK, here is an actual picture and my interpretation of how I really look.
real picture of Melasma

fake picture of Melasma
This shit better go away.  I'm not against a really intense chemical peel, so if you have suggestions...clearly I'm open to hearing them!

1 comment:

  1. I have that, and I'm a middle aged man! Looks like someone might've boxed me in the eyes. Was Googling and am just glad to read it's not melanoma.

    ReplyDelete