Friday, July 8, 2011

restless leg syndrome

I'm pretty sure I have RLS and not just because I'm nearly 32 weeks pregnant.  Last night my legs were going into crazy spasm mode all on their own.  I wanted to chop them off.  Then I realized that I have a weird thing about body stumps so that probably wouldn't be a good idea.  It's not a full-on phobia of body stumps, but I get a little freaked out by them.  That scene in Scary Movie didn't help this freaked-outness either.  I know, it's not a stump, but it's equally as freaky. 

The only real phobia I have is of little people and I'm not even sure that is a real phobia as it doesn't have a phobia name.  I'm not exactly sure why I have this fear or even when it began, but it is pretty legit.  I can see them on TV or in a movie and I'm OK, but the second I am physically near a little person I start to have a panic attack.  This is like the meanest, worst phobia to have...but I can't help it.  I remember going to a dance in middle school (Archie R. Cole Middle School to be exact, although I could've sworn it was a junior high when I was there) and anxiously awaiting Stairway to Heaven so I could finally kiss my boyfriend...Stairway to Heaven was always the last song of the dance and they let the kids make out during the entire song!  Well, here we are, having a great time at the dance and as if planned, the crowd parts and running straight at me is a little person.  I think the story was that one of the staff members son was a little person, but was home-schooled or something so she decided to bring him so he could socialize with people his own age.  I nearly fainted right there on the dance floor.  I remember a couple of girlfriends having to walk me over to a chair and bringing me water.  Needless to say, I was sure he was going to run up an attack me at some point during the dance, so I barely enjoyed the making out during Stairway to Heaven.  My eyes were open the entire time...I'm sure my boyfriend, who did open his eyes from time to time while kissing, was like "what the hell is wrong with her?"  I never saw that little person again...but the panic attacks still happen to this day. 
 Any phobias you're a little embarrassed about??

No comments:

Post a Comment