Monday, July 4, 2011

relaxing weekend?

What is better than coming home from a relaxing weekend at the cabin having played extreme croquet, strolled around Leavenworth eating ice cream and shopped at Smallwoods for delicious homemade honey and apple butter? HOUSEWORK! 

Today, on our nation's day of independence, The Husband and I worked our little tushes off.  We went to Home Depot and Target.  We tore apart the bathroom in the nursery in order to ensure it gets done before baby Beals arrives.  New tile, new sink, new mirror, new cabinet and new adorable picture from Pier1 of an owl.  Of course none of the new stuff is installed, but it's all purchased and waiting for installation.  I think The Husband and my dad might get it all done the day of my baby shower.  Good ole father-in-law/son-in-law bonding.  I LOVE that they get along so well...even though sometimes my dad can be a little critical. 

The Husband painted the walls of the garage white, which makes the whole space look cleaner and bright.  He also moved the elliptical down there and it is slowly becoming the workout space he had envisioned.  While he worked downstairs, I got all the laundry and vacuuming done AND made dinner.  Oh, before dinner we did walk up to Ladro for some coffee and took a stroll down 44th to check out a house we want our friends to buy.  It is SO STINKIN' CUTE!! Click here to see it.  Did I mention it is literally one street behind ours??  Wouldn't that be so fun, Laura?  hint hint!  Wait, he also mowed and watered the lawn while I picked all the ripe strawberries from our garden.

Anyway, my point is that this was too much to pack into one day...I do not feel like I just had a 3-day weekend.  Tomorrow...back to work to get ready for my crazy summer program where I will work with 120 incoming 9th graders.  Awesome blossom!

No comments:

Post a Comment