Tuesday, February 28, 2012

tired

I am exhausted...just wiped out.  I never felt super tired or like I was functioning in zombie-mode when the Grey baby was a newborn...or even when he was a 5 month old, but now...on the cusp of his 6 month birthday...I.am.pooped.

No, I didn't decide the Pilates Reformer class sounded fun or that I wanted to train for a half marathon (even in make-believe-land I cheat myself out of a full marathon). I didn't decide walking to work was a good idea because it is lighter out in the morning or that I would reserve Sundays for cleaning the entire house top to bottom.  I wish I was doing something different to justify this tiredness, but I'm not.  I need a vacation. 

Maybe I need more than a vacation...maybe I need a bigger change! Another baby? A different job? The inevitable move to Bainbridge? Medication? That last one was supposed to be funny.

When I say tired/pooped/exhausted what I really mean is that I feel like I slept in a chair with water dripping from somewhere in the background and a person with a bony finger just kept poking my head saying "are you awake?". Does that paint the picture for you? Here is what I fear I look like through all of this:

No comments:

Post a Comment