Thursday, January 19, 2012

snow day #2

So this is the second day of working from home for both me and The Husband (yup, he's making his first real 2012 appearance in the blog) and this shit is hard.

For some reason (maybe because he makes way more than I do) his job trumps mine. I have to work AND watch the Grey baby and he gets to pop in every once in a while and hold the baby for 15 minutes while I grab a snack, drink and maybe listen to a voicemail or two.  Don't get me wrong...I love spending time with the Grey baby, but lets be honest for a few moments...babies are not always cute and perfect.

People post adorable pictures of their baby or videos of their baby doing something adorable like eating or sleeping or smiling...but where are the REAL videos. The one of the baby who will not stop crying? The one of the real tears rolling down their face because you can't make a bottle fast enough? The one of the nasty green, grainy poop that has somehow escaped the diaper, saturated the onesie and made its way up into their hair? Or the best one would be the time elapsed video of your nighttime routine, including tripping on the baby bathtub that is sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor.

Whenever the Grey baby is inconsolable I think "why is this so hard?..._____ seems to have such a great kid or _____ never seems to cry like this". The Husband has to remind me that people don't talk about the hard stuff or the fussy stuff, so ______ and ______ probably have their terrible moments, too, but it's kept private. 

So here it is people, the Grey baby might be the cutest thing around (seriously), but he is like any other baby and cries for no reason, enjoys activities for about 10 minutes before fussing like a mad man, poops way more than something so little should, has massive blow outs, wakes up in the middle of the night crying (although most of the time he's a great sleeper, sorry). There, I said it...he is NOT the picture perfect baby that we portray on Facebook.  I wish everyone else would own up from time to time so I didn't feel like I was doing it wrong.

1 comment:

  1. we all watch the highlight reels of our friends' lives. the real stuff isn't what we want to look back and remember and thankfully we don't...kinda like labor. hang in there, you're not alone! xo

    ReplyDelete