Sunday, November 7, 2010

oh, hank

The Husband and I have a cat named Hank.  She is a beautiful Siamese, she's very chatty and loves to follow us around.  Most of the time it's cute, like when I'm cooking dinner or The Husband is tinkering with something.  However, sometimes it can be a little uncomfortable like when she wants to come in the bathroom with you, but the alternative is her sitting outside the door, crying and jumping up to try to open the door (we have those handle doorknobs, not the round ones so she is actually able to open them).

No matter where she is in the house or what mischief she's getting into, she will come when you call her name.  When we're big time loving on her we call her Hanky Panky Pants...I think she really likes that.  How do I know that?  Well, she purrs...duh, and she sprawls out on her back with her legs straight out and her toes pointed.  It's really cute.  I have drawn a picture so you understand what it looks like from my perspective.
She also runs crazy laps around the house.  Well, more like sprints from one end of the house to the other (including the basement).  This is the only point that she will not come when we call her.  There is no stopping her crazy cat exercise.  Having grown up with my mother who is convinced that animals can see ghosts I, too, might believe some of that craziness.  I'd like to believe that our house, built in 1907, has some spooky history.  So, for now, we tell ourselves that Hank is just chasing the ghosts around the house because it's a fun game they play.  That's normal, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment